Welcome to our page for worship resources following the 2019 United Methodist General Conference.
These liturgies were written by Rev. Kerry Greenhill for congregations that range from moderate/mixed in theology and politics to progressive and fully LGBTQ+ affirming. Some were written in response to General Conference; others are adaptations of liturgies written months or years earlier, that seemed appropriate to the moment we find ourselves in.
These works have been developed as part of Sacred Stones Ministries’ mission to equip individuals and Christian communities to connect more deeply with God, with each other, and with the world. They may be adapted as needed to your setting. Please credit the author with “by Rev. Kerry Greenhill © [year on document], http://www.SacredStonesMinistries.org” in any printed or projected material.
The materials below are free to download. If you find them helpful and plan to use them in worship, we welcome a donation of $10 per liturgy (or whatever you can afford) to support our ongoing ministry. Please be sure to check out our Resources for Lent, Holy Week, and Easter as well, and sign up for our email newsletter to be notified when new materials are available.
- Liturgies for Transfiguration Sunday After GC2019, from the worship series From Glory to Glory: Following the Spirit from Epiphany to Transfiguration
- Litany of Lament and Longing for Sunday after GC2019
- Created & Claimed by the God of Love: A Remembrance of Baptism (includes Affirmation of Faith)
- Communion Liturgy – Making the Invisible Visible Updated 2019, written for the Rocky Mountain Annual Conference in 2007
- Blessed & Beloved Communion Liturgy, written for Exploration Conference in 2015
Stone Communion: A service that includes an alternative to the Sacrament of Communion in which we experience asking for bread and receiving a stone; also includes Call to Worship and Prayer of Confession, plus “The Gifts of Stones and Water,” a multi-voiced reading that weaves the voices of Scripture and the church together with the voices of the LGBTQ community and others relegated to the margins
These liturgies may be adapted as needed to your setting. Please credit the author with “by Rev. Kerry Greenhill © [year on document], http://www.SacredStonesMinistries.org” in any printed or projected material.
If you find these materials helpful, we welcome a donation of $10 per liturgy (or whatever you can afford) to support our ongoing ministry.