On this page:
Sacred Stones Ministries is pleased to offer Re*Connection: Worship for Clergy and Other Servant Leaders. Re*Connection provides opportunities for church leaders to re-connect with God, with self, and with a community of belonging, to be refreshed for the work of ministry. Learn more about this initiative, or follow us on Facebook.
We love teaching, and making space for church leaders and members to grow deeper in faith, discipleship, spirituality, and ministry. Please contact us if you are interested in hosting a workshop for your church, community, or judicatory!
Recent workshop topics include:
- Bringing the Word to Life in Worship
- Teaching the Faith to Multiple Generations
- Reaching Out in Love to Diverse Neighbors
- Christian Discipleship in the 21st Century
- Designing Your Space for Worship
Other Workshops Available:
Join Rev. Nani Arning and Rev. Denise Bender for a full day of tips and tools for strengthening your church’s ministries with children. Topics include:
- Small Group Dynamics and Community Building for Families
- Special Needs Ministry – Visible and Unseen Challenges
- Safe Sanctuaries
- Developmental Theories and Learning Styles
- Helping Children Reach a Deeper Spiritual Level
- Liturgical and Special Seasons
Contact us if you would like to request this workshop at your church!
Encountering the Holy:
Enlivening Worship through God-Centered Design
Rev. Kerry Greenhill explores principles of design for God-centered worship and a variety of perspectives on enlivening worship for mainline churches. Sessions may include:
- Whole and Holy: Principles of Design for Integrative Worship
- Planning for Diverse Needs and Experiences
- Creative Techniques for Engaging and Presenting Scripture
- Writing Your Own Liturgy (While Leaving Room for the Spirit)
- Trouble-Shooting Challenges in Worship Planning
Contact us if your district, cluster, or worship team would like to learn more!
Theater & Theology
As part of our mission to help Christian communities engage more deeply with God, with each other, and with the world, Sacred Stones Ministries occasionally plans group outings to see performances at the Denver Center for Performing Arts.
In the 2016/2017 season, we attended two shows:
An Act of God
God takes human form in An Act of God, the sinfully funny and critically acclaimed new play direct from Broadway. He’s finally arrived to set the record straight…and He’s not holding back!
Pastor Paul inspires faith in the members of his growing congregation through his preaching. But when he brings up unexpected questions during a sermon, his changing perspective may ask too much of his followers. This thought-provoking play features a full choir, and raises some great questions about what it means to be a Christian community in the midst of disagreement.
In past years, we saw The 12 (a new rock musical about the disciples in the two days after Jesus’ death); The Book of Mormon; and A Christmas Story, The Musical. When possible, we have planned a meal or refreshments before or after the show for people to get to know each other better, and to have time to discuss themes portrayed in the shows. Discussions have covered such topics as the gifts and challenges of nostalgia, bullying, satire, taboos, idealism, doubt, and the spiritual journey.